Homemade Bath Salts
Having a warm, fragrant salt bath is a wonderful way to relax and soothe sore, tired muscles. It is easy to make and only takes a few minutes to mix together. Homemade bath salts are also great gifts.
- 1 cup of sea salt or kalahari desert salt
- 1 cup of Epsom salts
- About 15 drops of essential oil of your choice (adjust according to your preference)
- Dried flower petals or herbs (optional)
Mix together the salts in a metal or glass mixing bowl.
Add your essential oil of choice and mix thoroughly.
At this point you can also add dried flower petals or herbs.
Store your bath salts in a glass jar as the salts tend to keep longer in glass than plastic. Keep it out of direct sunlight because sunlight can degrade the essential oils.
- Lavender and tea tree (use very little tea tree and more lavender)
- Rosemary and lemon (use very little lemon and more rosemary)
- Lavender and Rosemary
- Rosemary and Eucalyptus
- Eucalyptus and vanilla
- Tea tree, sage and mint (use both mint and tea tree sparingly)