Fabulous Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 1.5 cups of pecan nuts
- 250g dark chocolate (preferably 85% cacao)
- 1 cup or 230g of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 6 eggs, yolk and whites separated
- ⅓ cup of xylitol or coconut sugar (according to taste and health requirements)
- Preheat the oven at 160 degrees Celsius.
- Coarsely chop the pecan nuts and dark chocolate in a food processor.
- Cream the xylitol/coconut sugar and butter with a mixer.
(If you are not using xylitol or coconut sugar, just mix the butter and the egg yolks.)
- Add the egg yolks one by one to the butter-mixture. Whisk or beat slowly while doing so.
- Mix the chopped chocolate and pecan nuts with the butter-egg yolk-mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the rest of the cake mix.
- Pour into a baking pan or suitable silicon mold greased with coconut oil.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack or enjoy just as it is – nice and hot!
No frosting is needed, but if you would like to add something extra, ganache works really well and is very easy to make:
- Melt some more dark chocolate using a water bath. (Ask your mom or google this if you don`t know how).
- Whip some cream until soft peaks form.
- Then mix the cream and the melted chocolate together with a spoon.
- After the cake has cooled, you can spread your tasty, creamy ganache over the cake.