Chocolate Brownie Recipe
These chocolate brownies are gluten-free and even grain-free. You can make them sugar-free with a little bit of xylitol/erythritol, or use some coconut sugar if you know your blood sugar is generally really good and you only have this type of treat occasionally.
⅓-½ cup of xylitol/erythritol or coconut sugar
Add 2 eggs – one by one.
Add 5ml real vanilla
1/2 cup of cocoa (preferable organic)
3/4 cup cassava flour
- Beat together the butter and coconut sugar.
- Sieve together your ½ cup of cocoa (preferably organic) and ¾ cup cassava flour and add it to the sweet-butter-and-eggs mixture.
- Mix together well with a spoon. (Or food processor, dough mixer)
- Chop and add ¾ of a cup of seeds or nuts of your choice. My favourites are ½ a cup of sunflower seeds plus ¼ cup of brazil nuts. Or ¾ cup fresh pecan nuts or walnuts.
- Bake for 20-25min at 180 degrees celsius.
- Turn out onto a drying rack.
Cut the chocolate brownies into small squares and store them in an airtight container.