Imagine coming home from your doctor`s visit and reading your prescription: “Have more fun.” Looking at some of the wonderful benefits of having fun, this should be prescribed more often!
Having fun in this context does not involve an overconsumption of alcohol, drugs, sugar, nicotine or anything similar. We are talking about real fun: Fun activities, trying new things, playing.
Here are some of the sometime surprising and absolutely fabulous benefits of having fun:
- The happy hormones secreted when having fun can boost your immune system.
- Having fun usually means being more relaxed, which results in better detoxification all round – from your brain to your kidneys, liver and gut will get rid of toxins so much better when you have fun often.
- If you have fun by moving, doing fun things, and not just sitting around you can improve your circulation, muscle function, heart function and so much more.
- Having fun often means trying new things or taking part in a variety of activities. This variety in life keeps your brain fit by continually building new circuits and finding new paths in its neural network. Brain gym!
- Your gut flora thrives on a happy and relaxed state and suffers under negative stress. Considering the fact that your gut flora is the foundation of your immune system, helps you make a variety of valuable micronutrients, supports your digestion and detoxification, and has been linked to preventing health problems from diabetes to mood disorders, this is certainly worth having fun for!
- Having fun, together with getting some good sleep, is some of the best anti-aging medicine. The hormones that are involved in a lot of things involved in aging, including skin elasticity, skin and mucous membrane moisture, muscle and joint health, energy, concentration and memory, and more, are influenced directly by fun and stress levels. Have more fun!
- Having fun is great for building relationships. We need each other and we need ways to stay connected.
- Having fun can help you lower high blood pressure.
- Fun activities during the day could improve sleep quality at night.
- Having fun is FUN!